Nail Disease Treatments Include:
Looking for advice from a nail specialist doctor?
COMMON NAIL ABNORMALITIES
- Brittleness: increases with age and can be associated with iron deficiency in some people.
- Roughness: common and usually of little significance.
- Pits: classical feature of psoriasis, but also found in eczema and in alopecia areata.
- Onycholysis (fungal nail infection)
- Lifting of the nail from the underlying nail bed, which can be found in psoriasis, fungal infections, overactive thyroid, lesions under the nail, associated with some medications, and sometimes without cause.
- Discolouration: white marks are common and normal, generally white nails can be found in liver disease, pale nails in anaemia, yellow nails in fungal infections, green-blue ones in pseudomonas infection, black-brown with bruising, moles or melanoma.
These are just some of the abnormalities that can be found in nails, and some of the associated causes. Other abnormalities include ridging, washboard nails, thickening, scarring and loss of nails, all with a variety of causes.
TREATING NAIL DISEASES
Nail diseases can be treated in different ways, depending on the cause of the disease. This may be with antibiotics or antifungal agents, therapy aimed at treating eczema or psoriasis, surgery or with lasers.
A nail specialist doctor will assess your condition and the most appropriate treatment option will be discussed with you.
REQUEST A CALL BACK
Please fill in this form and one of our team will give you a call back to arrange a consultation with one of our expert dermatologists.
"*" indicates required fields
HEAR FROM OUR PATIENTS
Our Treatment Process:
WHY GET TREATED AT EVERYTHING SKIN CLINICS?
At Everything Skin Clinic™, we have a team of highly trained Consultant dermatologists, who have completed specialist training in Dermatology and are on the specialist register of the General Medical Council. All our consultants hold substantive contracts with the best Dermatology centres in leading NHS hospitals. Therefore, you can be certain of the highest quality private care.
We offer a range of treatments and can offer one, or a combination of treatments to achieve the best results. Unlike many other clinics, we can offer diagnosis and treatment all under one roof by a nail specialist doctor, so you know you’ll be in safe hands
INSIGHTS AND ADVICE
Spider Vein Treatment at Everything Skin Clinic Are you tired of constantly having to cover up your spider veins, or thread veins on the face with heavy make-up, or those on the legs with thick tights or trousers? Spider veins are the nickname that is
Why am I getting spots during isolation? Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have all experienced lockdown this year. We’re wearing less make-up, getting more rest, we’re even getting an hour of fresh air and exercise every day and if there’s one thing we all
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal for the face Despite it being a common complaint, many women suffering with unwanted facial hair are still unsure of what they can do. Waxing and electrolysis can be painful, with results not always as precise or long lasting as