Laser tattoo removal in manchester
Laser tattoo removal is a popular treatment and the only permanent way to remove a tattoo completely. People come to us with many reasons for wanting to remove a tattoo, it could simply be that they don’t want it anymore or they want it partially removed so they can have another tattoo on top. Either way, we can help.
At Everything Skin Clinic, we can remove all types of tattoos. During the consultation, we will inform you of the number of treatments needed and the price of the laser tattoo removal.
TYPES OF TATTOOS
Professional tattoos – ‘Professional’ tattoos are the most common ones and the hardest to remove, these tattoos are the ones people often get from a tattooist and the difficult presents itself when there are multiple colours within the tattoo.
Medical tattoos – Medical tattoos are when tattoos are deliberately made for medical reasons such as before cancer radiotherapy.
Cosmetic tattoos – Some women prefer to have permanent makeup to define their eye or lip lines. Some balding men would prefer having black ink tattooed into the scalp to hide the baldness. These cosmetic tattoos are quite commonly performed by tattoo and beauty therapists.
Traumatic tattoos – Traumatic tattoos are undesirable tattoos caused by different foreign bodies such as fireworks’ particles, sand, metals, glass, gunpowder, asphalt, dust, or petroleum products embedded forcefully in the dermis, they can be a result of incidents such as road accidents or explosions.
HOW ARE TATTOOS REMOVED?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Following laser tattoo removal, you should avoid:
- Swimming or using spas, saunas or hot tubs into the scab has dropped off as this may slow the healing process
- Strenuous exercise or physical activities for a couple of days following treatment
- Using soap or perfumed products on the treatment area for the first 48 hours following treatment
- Picking or scratching the scab
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for at least a week following treatment
Laser tattoo removal is a generally safe procedure, however some possible risks include:
- the tattoo not completely fading as some ink colours, such as yellow, green and purple, require more sessions to treat
- your skin may temporarily become darker or paler
- there is a slight chance of scarring
It can take multiple sessions to remove your tattoo, averaging between 6-8 treatments which are spaced out in 6-8 week intervals.
Tattoo Removal feels similar to a hot pinprick, whilst this is mildly uncomfortable, most people tolerate treatment well.
People generally react differently to laser tattoo removal, therefore, it can be difficult to predict if a patient will get side effects. All possible side effects will be discussed with the patient during the consultation. Some side effects to take note of are:
- During the treatment, there’s an instant whitening of the tattoo, but this fades quickly.
- The area is likely to feel tender for a few hours and appear red and swollen for up to 48 hours.
- With some laser tattoo removal, lasers can kill up to 10% of the hair in the treatment area, though no more than that and most importantly, often we don’t see as much as that.
- Some tattoos will form a graze which will heal naturally.
- Initially, the tattoo is unlikely to look any different but will fade over the next 4 to 8 weeks as the body disperses the damaged ink.
- Very rarely the skin may become lighter or darker, or some blistering may form.
- Another rare side effect is a change to the skin texture and although uncommon, there can be light scarring. It’s important to avoid picking grazes or blisters that need to heal naturally. Scarring isn’t usually due to the treatment but due to the interference of grazes or blistering.
REQUEST A CALL BACK
Please fill in this form and one of our team will give you a call back to arrange a consultation with one of our expert dermatologists.
"*" indicates required fields
HEAR FROM OUR PATIENTS
WHY Choose EVERYTHING SKIN CLINIC for tattoo removal in manchester?
At Everything Skin Clinic™, we have a team of highly trained Consultant dermatologists, who have completed specialist training in Dermatology and are on the specialist register of the General Medical Council. All our consultants hold substantive contracts with the best Dermatology centres in leading NHS hospitals. Therefore, you can be certain of the highest quality tattoo removal in Manchester
We offer a range of treatments and can offer one, or a combination of treatments to achieve the best results. Unlike many other clinics, we can offer diagnosis and treatment all under one roof by expert consultant dermatologist, so you know you’ll be in safe hands.
INSIGHTS AND ADVICE
Spider Vein Treatment at Everything Skin Clinic Are you tired of constantly having to cover up your spider veins, or thread veins on the face with heavy make-up, or those on the legs with thick tights or trousers? Spider veins are the nickname that is
Why am I getting spots during isolation? Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have all experienced lockdown this year. We’re wearing less make-up, getting more rest, we’re even getting an hour of fresh air and exercise every day and if there’s one thing we all
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal for the face Despite it being a common complaint, many women suffering with unwanted facial hair are still unsure of what they can do. Waxing and electrolysis can be painful, with results not always as precise or long lasting as